Welcome to NP Sam's blog!If you are looking to get healthy and need help to make some positive changes in your life you've come to the right place.
This blog is for patients, friends, family, or just about anyone who wants to learn about a healthy lifestyle. You might be interested in accessing new information or perhaps you are getting back on track and need some tips and strategies.
Whatever your reasons are for viewing the blog our goals for readers are simple. We want to give you information and tools so that you can:
- Feel good. inside and out you want to feel good.
- Have energy to enjoy your life and do the things you want to do.
- Prevent illness. You are dealt a genetic deck of cards. How you play them is up to you.
- Manage medical conditions with lifestyle strategies. That means reducing medication and interventions wherever possible.
- Take control. Being informed is the first step. Making change is the second.
Getting Healthy with NP Sam will cover a range of topics. We will provide information on the latest and greatest in health research. Review books and films on health topics. Provide tools for change - like food journals and reviews of Nutrition Apps or suggestions for healthy meals. There will be information on screening, nutrition, sleep, stress, life balance and so much more.
We will provide links to websites, local providers (Northumberland County, Ontario, Canada), and talks or videos to watch. Although most of our info will be local in nature much of it will be applicable to everyone.
So stay tuned and thanks for visiting Getting Healthy with NP Sam.
Coming soon: "What is a healthy lifestyle?" and "Lifestyle Profile: Which one are you?"